Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
Omise is up and running 24/7; we need to ensure that our systems are available and that our product is the best quality for our customers to use. We are looking for a head of QA engineering to ensure that we are building quality products, following best practices and using the right tools. One more aspect of the role will be to set up the SOC (service operation center) team to make sure change and incident management is in place and we have monitoring and good resolution for issues.
What you will be doing
- Leadership role to drive Omise to have the best quality product with high uptime.
- Define and work with OKRs and KPIs to drive your team's success.
- Build a QA team, recruit and coach.
- Develop a world-class, modern service operations center.
- Develop tools and processes generally around monitoring, alerting and incident management.
- Involve yourself in the engineering team, product team, and customer support team to test and document software functionalities.
- Participate in and facilitate the change release and incident management process to ensure maximum product quality.
- Research, analyze and recommend technical solutions for scaling up quality assurance.
- Advise and give guidance on matters pertaining to product quality to other engineers and teammates.
- Help engineers own the quality of their code through improved monitoring, tools and testing approaches
- Be the owner of our uptime and stability of our system.
- Self driven, big believer in resilience, quality and no manual test approach!
- Managing experience of a QA team.
- 5+ years of experience in the automation environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related subjects.
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on quality.
- Responsible and creative with an international/entrepreneurship mindset.
- Have extensive experience with one or more large-scale testing frameworks.
- We're an international team. Therefore international-level English language skills, spoken and written, are required. Thai proficiency is a plus.
- This position is based in our Bangkok Head office (immediately from position commencement).
- Big plus for candidates with experience in building SOC teams.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.