We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is in a rapid expansion in Asia and SEA, where each market demonstrates different challenges and opportunities. We are looking for a person who can actively support our markets of Singapore and Malaysia. This position is to be based either in Singapore or Malaysia.
Omise is looking for a Compliance & Risk Officer to support us in coping with Compliance and regulations that are requirements for the payment business in the Southeast Asia region. We are looking for a candidate with compliance and risk experiences who would like to expand his/her role into regional level.
What you will be doing
- Work with Legal, Compliance and Risk Management Teams to ensure critical and essential compliance and regulatory.
- Maintain and manage the reporting to our regulators, which includes compliance controls, policies, procedures, and processes; drafting compliance-related policies, procedures, and processes
- Assist with cross-functional compliance issue management and provide advice to related teams regarding compliance and regulations.
- Participate in the risk management procedure to ensure the operation of risk assessments
- Collaborate with other departments regarding their management of risks in their responsible areas
- Regularly communicate any matter of compliance and risk with teams, which include other offices in different locations.
- Review merchant applications and verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards.
- Collect and document data necessary for application approval.
- Responsible for enhanced due diligence reviews of merchants.
- Perform regular KYC checks with existing merchants.
- Effectively arrange suspicious activity reports in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time-frame.
- Support in documenting, improving and automating KYC processes.
- A good understanding of the regulatory compliance and risk issues within payment business or similar landscape.
- 3+ years of experience in compliance and/or risk functions in the financial services industry, preferably in financial industry or payment business
- Ability to converse in English on a professional level (written & spoken) is a must
- Possess strong interest in financial industry and quickly adopt Omise product knowledge, related compliance, and regulations
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, with the confidence to provide support to team leaders and management level through good interpersonal skills, good communication, cross-cultural skills.
- Passionate about delivering great results and able to work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Prior experience and motivation to develop further understanding on the regulatory landscapes related to electronic payment, financial services and software development services.
- Well-organized and have attention to details
Nice to Have
- Experience and knowledge in laws and regulations of Malaysia and Singapore is of high advantage
- Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply, answer a short questionnaire and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.