Lead Quality Engineer
Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for aåll. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
We want to ensure the quality of our products and be able to run fast without failing with high uptime as businesses never sleep and that means we also have to be up and running 24/7! For this purpose we are looking for an engineer with a QA mindset, thinking through failure use cases in a full system vision and have the ability to build/bring the right tools for us to have the most resilient solutions.
What you will be doing
- Define and lead quality strategies for your team to deliver the best product quality and velocity
- Design testing approach and test environment architecture
- Leading 2-4 quality engineers in testing approach and test environment architecture design
- Identify area of improvement for quality, discuss with PO and team to improve product design / testing
- Create/Apply quality activities and best practices to teams
- Research, analyze, and recommend technical solutions for scaling up quality assurance.
- Advise and give guidance on matters pertaining to product quality to other engineers and teammates.
- Help engineers own the quality of their code through improved monitoring, tools, and testing approaches
- Be the owner of our uptime and stability of our system.
- 5+ years of experience in the automation environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related subjects
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle
- Strong programming skills in any language and ready to learn more
- Proven experience in tools and test automation development
- Proven ability to to drive quality practice and designing testing approach
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to proficiently communicate in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency to communicate in any other language is a plus.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The Hiring team will review your application
- Candidate answers questionnaire when applying for the position
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.