Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
We are looking for a potential candidate for a Finance Operations Administrative Controller position. The successful candidate will be responsible for revenue recognition and daily reconciliation of transactions processed in payment gateway of credit card, internet banking and alternative payment methods in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. This will entail managing merchant receivables, refunds, and chargebacks leading to validation of bank statements and balances. This position will report to the local Accounting Finance Manager while working closely with operations.
What you will be doing
- Assist with overseeing cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Responsible for daily/monthly reconciliation between cash accounts vs Omise dashboard records vs partner dashboard records.
- Dispute resolution between external and internal systems to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly reporting of revenue, COGS and operating expenses.
- Communicate with internal and external accounting to ensure monthly and annual reports are correct.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies. Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this.
- Assist with generating variance analysis of actual versus budgeted performance and investigate underlying cause of such variances
- Assist with coordinating work related to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Maintain account payable/receivable function. Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices while maintaining accurate records and control reports at a cost center level.
- Ensure that all invoices from suppliers or partners are accurate before executing payment then arranging the withholding tax certificates to them and following the receipts from them on time.
- Produce management related reporting on expenditure and cash flow.
- Expense policy enforcement.
- Assist in the preparation of daily bank statements for bank reconciliation and recording reports by daily and monthly as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the related documents that the bank requested such as memos letters and other documents when we need to apply a variety of bank's services.
- Assist within office functions such as filing, scanning and delivering documents, or contacting banks as needed.
- Assist with office/lease management.
- Match invoice, receipt and other payment documents properly before sending them to record.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide requested finance documentation as approved for sharing.
- Perform ad-hoc financial reporting requests
- A degree in Accounting or Finance related preferred.
- 3+ years of combined accounting/controller experience within a multinational business.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in banking, payment processing, or credit card industry
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with Xero accounting entry system a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.