SYNQA, the parent company of Omise and OMG Network, is a holding company founded in 2015 with expertise in Asia. SYNQA specializes in online payment, blockchain technology for fintech, and digital transformation. SYNQA connects people, businesses and society in innovative ways that spread the wealth of financial opportunity and provide fair and open access to a growing economic ecosystem. SYNQA recently closed Series C with over $80M of funding from SCB 10X, SPARX Group, Toyota Financial Services, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, SMBC Venture Capital, Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Corporation and more. For more information on SYNQA, visit synqa.co or follow us on Twitter.
We are currently looking for a VP of Corporate Management and Communications to be one of the leading forces of the Corporate Management and Communications team, which is responsible for the efficient and strategic coordination of information and communication between SYNQA and its subsidiaries, investors, board of directors, and partners, as well as across SYNQA departments. The team aims to facilitate evidence-based business decisions, maintain brand unity, and to elevate SYNQA’s profile. The department leads four key areas:
(1) Reporting and approval processes;
(2) Relationship management;
(3) Communications and public relations;
(4) Knowledge management.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Contribute to the SYNQA strategy, working closely with SYNQA leadership team and subsidiaries to ensure alignment and achievement of business targets and goals.
- Develop approval process documentation for subsidiaries and SYNQA and manage subsidiary-level reporting the SYNQA Internal Board and Board of Directors (BoD)
- Manage information flow, including but not limited to reports, data, financials between SYNQA and subsidiaries to ensure overall projects are moving in the right direction.
- Communicate, inform, update strategic goals and achievements to subsidiaries at Board and Management level, including draft CEO communication to staff, investors and general public.
- Lead and develop the communications and PR strategy for SYNQA to elevate and reinforce the company’s visibility and brand.
- Lead in the development of SYNQA promotional materials and assets.
- Lead in building media relations and managing inquiries, coordinate interviews, public appearances, photoshoots, including identifying suitable events and opportunities to elevate the company’s visibility and influence.
- Lead internal communications, crisis communications, content management, and contribute to knowledge management concerning communications, as needed.
- Lead in the organization of events and workshops as necessary.
- Establish a good communications network and ensure a proper communication system in place.
Required skills and competencies:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in communication, marketing, journalism and/or public relations
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in corporate communications and/or corporate management.
- Ability to quickly grasp business concepts and translate them into processes and strategies.
- Communicates effectively and easily with executive management
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to determine appropriateness and promptly deliver messages to audiences
- Experienced with PR & dealing with media.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of the fintech industry
- Fluent in English with excellent writing skills