Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
We are scaling up! Omise is under-going a period of sustained growth and we are expanding both our suite of products and our team. As we increasing the size of the teams, we will need to bring on top-notch product leaders to help drive the direction of our company’s growth. We are determined to create a world-class financial technology product suite to fully power digital commerce across Asia region.
As such we are on the look-out for talented and experienced Head of Product Development who has a strong background in developing multi apps platform technology.
What you will be doing
- Ensure the timely execution of the product development plans working with a cross functional team across product, engineering, dev ops, customer success, marketing, risk management, compliance, legal and other areas.
- Continuously optimize the product development and planning processes, partnering with strategy, technology, operations, risk management, compliance, legal and other functional teams
- Represent the customer. Be the steward for delivering the customer benefit, driving elegant solutions and terrific customer experiences. Be the champion and voice of customers.
- Bring a metrics-driven, customer centric, and strategic approach to all aspects of product development. Measure success. Measure everything. Direct line of sight creation to achieve member and business goals.
- Manage and grow an expert team of Product Managers while being a culture carrier for a collaborative and smart environment.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently.
What you have
- 10+ yrs experience in product management, product development or related field
- Experience leading a team in a best-in-class digital product company, preferably with a financial technology focus.
- Deep customer focus is important to understand pain points of customers we serve
- Experience with Agile development is a requirement
- Solid domain knowledge is highly preferred. Understanding of financial services products such as acquiring, issuing, payments gateway, cross-border settlements, local debit schemes, alternative payment methods, … - is a big plus
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, and deep experience with product development lifecycle, roadmap prioritization, user research, customer driven innovation
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Pragmatic and business-oriented approach to product and strategy
Good to have
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitatively focused field. (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics or similar discipline). An MBA is a plus.
- Show proven analytics and data skills. You are experienced using data to make decisions and influence other decision makers.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You are effective at breaking down complex problems, driving change, and managing multiple and sometimes competing stakeholders and projects.
- Be fearless…
- This position is based in our Bangkok Head office (immediately from position commencement).
- We're an international team. Therefore international level English language skills, spoken and written, are required. Thai proficiency is a plus.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply, answer a short questionnaire and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.