Operating across Southeast-Asia, Omise is one of the largest digital payment services providers based in Thailand. Our payment solution is simple to set-up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We connect and maintain relationships with processors and acquirers, letting our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Are you someone who loves to research & solve complex UX problems, turning functionality into thoughtful solutions driven by user insight?
Omise is looking for a UX Researcher to research and prototype our digital payments services software and platform interfaces. Collaborating closely with our international team of Product Managers and Engineers in our friendly Bangkok offices, you’ll focus on user research to create UX prototypes that enhance user experience across Omise platforms.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with design, product, and business teams to identify UX pain points and deliver actionable recommendations
- Design and conduct user research studies using both qualitative and quantitative methods such as interviews, surveys, competitive analysis, and usability testing
- Conduct market & competitor research to evaluate our positioning and propose improvements
- Analyze data, research, and translate insights and concepts into personas, user journeys, scenarios, mockups, and prototypes
- Create holistic and innovative solutions that address business and user requirements
- Effectively communicate ideas, research findings and solutions to help elevate user understanding
- 3+ years experience working as a UX Researcher with cross-functional development teams, ideally within a fintech environment.
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles, user research methodologies and user-centered design.
- Highly autonomous by nature, with a willingness and eagerness to collaborate.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the product cycle
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the latest industry trends and technologies.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform in Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider in Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete a short online assessment
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.