We're Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Nearly every business today makes use of a relational database. Whether it’s to store client data, sales and customer information, or internal files, modern businesses run and depend on this data. Despite this, many businesses still do not have a database administrators, because of the believe that DBA’s are expensive or not useful. This is a very unfortunate line of reasoning, because using a DBA doesn’t have to be an expensive long-term affair. Using a DBA, even in the short-term, can bring measurable, noticeable benefits to your database operations,cost reduction and a good image to the public. We want a full time, dedicated and committed individual to join our business critical team: The Infrastructure team.
- Best Practices: An experienced DBA will know the right settings and configurations that a database will need, keeping it reliable and optimal.
- Improving Database Performance: Having an experienced DBA managing a database will increase overall performance, keeping users and managers happy, and saving costs.
- Disaster Prevention and Recovery: An experienced DBA will be invaluable in preventing system failures, or solving disaster situations without the need for panicked calls to external consultants. A great uptime is indeed very important!
What you will be doing
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability PostgreSQL databases.
- Manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
- Responsible for capacity planning and long term strategies.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements, such as CockroachDB and YugaByteDB.
- Review schemas, partitioning tables, and other changes to improve scalability and performance.
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Can communicate well
- Work in a fast and agile team
- Knowledge with PostgreSQL Database 9.6, 10 and 11.
- Ability to debug queries in SQL, with explain analyze
- In depth PostgreSQL concepts or vacuum, async replication, native partitioning.
- Good knowledge on PostgreSQL architecture with experience in setting the server parameters for optimal performance.
- Query tuning and appropriate performance improvement steps
- Work closely with developers and devops supporting Omise codebase to improve SQL queries, joins and database structure
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- 3+ years Experience with Linux and Relational Databases
Good to Have
- AWS RDS
- PGBouncer and connection pools in general
- Master-Master Replication
- Native Partitioning in PostgreSQL 11
- Ruby on Rails and ActiveRecord
- Distributed Databases for High Availability
- Geo-Distributed Databases
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application.
- You will be invited to complete an interview that can take up to 1 hour or more.
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.