Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
Omise, as a technology enabler, is in the process of bringing financial technology into digital commerce. As we are growing, Omise will be positioning itself in the community for many aspects. To achieve this, we are looking for a Developer Evangelist, who has a technology background and is ready to step into an exceptional role, working cross-functionally with products, sales, marketing, engineering and people teams.
What you will be doing
- Lead the initiative and execution of awareness of Omise products and technology in various channels including
- Social media content and VDO
- Technology instructions
- Blog, website, and article of technology and innovation
- Work with Talent acquisition teams and marketing team to create impact on recruitment strategies, both short term/long terms including
- Recruitment and technology events, conferences, or seminars. This may include local and international events
- Internal technology events such as Hackaton or Demo day
- Being the spokesperson in technology event for selected communities and universities
- Establish And maintain the developers communication
- Continuously improving documentation processes
- Proper and effective communication channels to developers
- The documentation and PR of new features
- Work across different functions to improve the customers’ experiences on Omise’s products and services and provide an analysis of partners’ feedback
What you have
- Possess software development related background, a software engineer is preferred. Able to quickly learn and participate in some coding and technical integration
- Strong eagerness in envisioning and bringing Omise’s technology to the market and community
- Proven experience in being the spokesperson, tech influencer, or technology content creator
- Excellent communication skill, both written and spoken, especially public speaking
- Proven experience in exhibit creativity and initiation in technology related events
- Able to communicate professionally, both in Thai and English (Japanese is a plus)
- Willingness to learn new technology and grow with us
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.