We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for Project Manager position for Omise’s Enterprise Solutions team. The Enterprise Solutions team will be building and implementing technical solutions for corporate clients which will be used by many people around the world.
You will mainly manage and monitor project and team effectiveness and expectations to ensure its successful outcome. The Project Manager is also responsible for the team communication and evaluation.
This position will be located in Omise’s Tokyo office. Candidates must be able to speak and write Japanese and English at a professional level.
What you will be doing
- Lead project planning and execution throughout project cycle, with attention to every detail
- Manage, utilize, and monitor the usage of all resources and costs, including scopes, budget, time, manpower, and technology throughout the project cycle.
- Manage the allocation of task and milestone; develop and cultivate project plan and effective communication plan regarding the allocations to ensure understanding of all team members
- Evaluate project’s status, identify problems and recommends information technology strategies, requirements, and regulations related to its product
- Work cross-functional with other departments such as Operations, Customer Support, Finance, Management, and more
- Report on product development activities on a regular basis to the Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of relevant KPIs and timelines
- Manage and evaluate external vendor’s performance and monitor contract service providers
- Cultivate good relationships with clients and effectively manage the expectations from all stakeholders and internal and external parties.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required
- Develop capacity of team members by appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing training, policies, and procedures.
- This role will be based in Tokyo and will require frequent travel between Tokyo and Bangkok
- Must be bilingual in Japanese (native level) and English; able to speak and write professionally in both
- Bachelor degree in related fields or technical fields (such as Software Engineering, IT, Information System, or Computer Science) from a reputable university preferred
- Strong experience in SDLC at a high growth startup, IT consultancy service, and/or fintech company. Experience in delivering products for large corporate clients highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in Project Management
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to clearly document technical specs and requirements of projects
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills, decision-making ability, time management ability, multitasking skills, and able to work well under pressure, tight deadline, or fast-paced business environment
- Understand strategic fit of different products and corporate clients
- Ability to write documentation, diagrams and project proposals in detailed manner
- Able to make appropriate decisions based on business goals and priorities
- Possess proven record of prioritizing, organizing, and planning work activities; meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects
- Ideally have PMP certificate
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.