Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
We are scaling up! Omise is under-going a period of sustained growth and we are expanding both our suite of products and our team. As we increasing the size of the teams, we will need to bring on top-notch product leaders to help drive the direction of our company’s growth. We are determined to create a world-class financial technology product suite to fully power digital commerce across Asia region.
As such we are on the look-out for talented and experienced Product Owner. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and self-motivated product owner who designs customer-obsessed products and fully manages the entire product development cycle.
What you will be doing
- Lead the Card SCRUM team
- Actively participate in product roadmap development and evolution
- Develop and maintain stakeholder communications on the product roadmap
- Ensure the design of a solution and/or features with APIs, services, and data-driven insights that deliver unique experiences for end user
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop recommendations to remedy production issues and change requests
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, product requirements, epics and stories to support development
- Monitor industry trends and assessments that provide insights into the competitive landscape and best practices
- Partner with teams (product, UX/UI, engineering, dev ops, risk, legal, compliance, customer support, marketing, sales...) to manage prioritization, resourcing, readiness, and go-to-market plans
- Partner with various 3rd party vendors to enhance product offering
- Periodically review and refine product backlog and always keep it aligned with the scope and its priorities.
- 5+ years in Agile product development or platform transformation. Experience with and domain knowledge of modern financial technology is a huge plus
- 5+ years experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, microservices, API's, etc
- Experience with MasterCard, Visa, and JCB products/services.
- Strong understanding of the retail payments ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of cards industry standards and practices
- Proven track record of managing new product launches
- Proven track record of managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle (PDLC) for complex, large-scale initiatives
- Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
- Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must
- We're an international team. Therefore international level English language skills, spoken and written, are required. Thai proficiency is a plus.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete a short online assessment
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.