We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We are looking for a Legal Officer with financial/payment technology and corporate experience to support the in-house legal function. You will be responsible to help Omise to stay on top of laws, regulations and compliance requirements, and provide legal advice to company strategy and work with the business team in documenting, negotiating and settling the commercial terms of engagement and other business arrangements with local and international clients/partners.
This position will report directly to the General Counsel of Omise.
What you will be doing
- Advising on legal matters and handle related the agreements/documents with vendors, merchants and partners.
- Researching legal issues and drafting memos as appropriate.
- Providing timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on financial services and payments laws, licensing requirements and AML/CFT.
- Providing legal and regulatory guidance on the products, identifying associated risks and recommending risk mitigation strategies/solutions, ensuing legality of the products and managing proper disclosures.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of applicable compliance programs including internal compliances.
- Handling claims and litigations.
- Instructing and managing external advisors and counsels, as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in legal firm(s) or multinational company(ies) in similar roles. LL.M in business law, corporate law or banking and finance is a plus.
- Prior experience and understanding of the regulatory landscape as it relates to regulatory compliance in electronic payment, financial services, software development services.
- Ability to comprehend complex business strategies rapidly and devise pragmatic and creative solutions in the face of uncertainty.
- Good interpersonal skills, good communication, cross-cultural skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels, and the confidence to provide support to team leaders and management level.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Be adaptable and well-organized.
- Excellent written and spoken Thai and English.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.