At GO.Exchange, our goal is to build a cryptocurrency exchange platform that is used and trusted by people all around the world. We are committed to pushing the standard for what a trusted exchange should be.
We’re working hard to build something great: creating a beautiful and intuitive interface, engineering a rock-solid infrastructure, treating our customers right with a world-class support team, and engaging with our community in novel ways. Join us.
Why we need you
Business Intelligence team is seeking a Data Engineer who will implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business with a passion. In this role, you will provide contribution to the continual improvement of the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s data platforms to support self-service data analytics.
What you will be doing
- Accomplishing immediate tasks and projects, but not limit to analyze and understand the big picture, how all the current sub-components of the technical architecture related BI infrastructure work together in GO.Exchange to plan for long-range projects
- Handle all aspects of moderately complex problems with process, architecture, design, hands-on implementation, test and maintenance, which covers full-stack BI infrastructure and the related platforms
- Assess the risks, ask the right follow-up questions, determine the right workflow, analyze the possible bottlenecks and deliver a stable solution which is well-documented and tested
- Propose different ways of implementation and analyze positive and negative effects
- Take initiative on ongoing design, development and maintenance of data warehousing systems and data marts, translating business requirements and logical data models into working databases, including relational and dimensional (star-schema) designs
- Design and develop scalable data applications, microservices, ETL, data processing pipelines; conducting test to ensure the quality of data produced, monitoring and tuning codes, data loads, and overall performance
- Use DevOps framework for data engineering; set up and maintain production/staging environments, automate deployment process, monitor the security & health of infrastructure, optimizing resources and costs
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering with Agile mindset
- Effective communication and diplomatic skills to collaborate cross-functionally
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have a knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies and modeling, especially Star Schema and Snowflake
- Strong hands-on experience in building data solutions (ETL batch and streaming pipelines, micro-services etc)
- Experience with one or more data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, or Spark (using Scala)
- Familiar with DevOps tools: experience with CI/CD, Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency industry
- Working experience in the crypt currency industry
- Hands on experience with BI tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience in Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of Data Vault 2.0
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- GO.Exchange is part of Omise Holdings, founded in 2018, currently 30 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok – global operations
- Omise Holdings raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete one of the following code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
GO.Exchange embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.