Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
We are scaling up! Omise is under-going a period of sustained growth and we are expanding both our suite of products and our team. As we are growing the size of the teams, we will need to bring on top-notch product leaders to help drive the direction of our company’s growth. We are determined to create a world-class financial technology product suite to fully power digital commerce across the Asia region.
As such we are on the look-out for a talented and experienced Product Strategist with a strong expertise in financial platform technology, research and willing to join our Bangkok-based team locally.
This person will be responsible for the creation and continuous management of the product roadmap for one or more product vertical(s). You would develop a deep understanding of the assigned product vertical(s) through research and analysis in order to drive overall product strategy and achieve product-market-fit.
What you will be doing
- Research and analysis
- Leads the business and technical analysis, and employs various research methodologies to acquire insights for specific projects (quantitative and qualitative, internal and market-related).
- Represent the customer. Be the steward for delivering the customer benefit, driving elegant solutions and terrific customer experiences. Be the champion and voice of customers.
- Monitor industry trends and assessments that provide insights into the competitive landscape and best practices.
- Strategic planning and monitoring
- Partner with other teams (corporate planning, product development, engineering, risk, legal, compliance, customer support, marketing, sales, etc.) to create and maintain roadmaps, prioritization, and go-to-market plans.
- Partner with various 3rd party vendors to enhance product and solution offerings.
- Define and monitor insightful key performance indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks to ensure product success and company objectives are met.
- Organizational knowledge improvement
- Be a domain specialist as well as an evangelist for the assigned verticals.
- Create and maintain a full library of strategy and research projects.
- Support product development and engineering teams with domain knowledge and solution design work.
What you have
- 5+ years in management/technology consulting, business analyst or related fields. Experience with and domain knowledge of modern financial technology is a huge plus.
- Proven track record of product strategy, planning and management experience for complex, large-scale initiatives.
- A self-starter who is self-motivated, capable of working independently and performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management.
- Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written).
- Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must.
Good to have
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitatively focused field. (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics or similar discipline). An MBA is a plus.
- Show proven analytics and data skills. You are experienced using data to make decisions and influence other decision makers.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are effective at breaking down complex problems, driving change, and managing multiple and sometimes competing stakeholders and projects.
- Be fearless…
- This position is based in our Bangkok Head office (immediately from position commencement).
- We're an international team. Therefore international level English language skills, spoken and written, are required. Thai proficiency is a plus.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply, answer a short questionnaire and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be sent a short questionnaire
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.