We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
This role entails high-level responsibility and management of all Omise operations within Japan. You are an excellent leader and a self-motivator who is accustomed to strategic thinking and at the same time able to execute and lead the business to a new level of operational excellence, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What you will be doing
- Direct and lead daily operations, develop business and increase profitability
- Analyze the landscape, identify target markets, and strategize growth plans for business
- Maintain and continued alignment with overall corporate policy, strategy, and direction
- Ensure compliance with local and legislative requirements for the work being performed by Omise
- Engage with local stakeholders to enhance Omise reputation and subsequent management of any risks
- Forge long term relationships with clients, business partners and other associates.
- Produce detailed annual business operating plan and business performance reports, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for revenue, profits and cash
- Build a team, monitor performance, train and mentor staff as needed.
What you have
- A strong understanding of how a business operates and a proven track record demonstrating your understanding of the business
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: leadership, people management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or experience in the payment gateway and/or banking industry
- Native level of Japanese language and excellent level of English
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.