Omise is a technology enabler which our products and services bring everyone into digital commerce and help them prosper. Our Omisians are firm believers that digital payment is a critical accelerator to develop a successful business. When the needs of financial technology for business are not limited to online payment, the various solutions that transcend financial complexity are definitely essential for both financial institutes and merchants. Omise is creating payment solutions which transcend financial technology and our solutions are beyond payment gateway; they reify our partners’ success with the technology and innovations.
Omise is a deeply value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
As an Implementation Consultant, based in Omise Japan, you will be one of key members who help Omise grow its business in Japan. You will be providing technical expertise to both external customers and other colleagues from various internal departments including Consulting, Customer Success Operations, Infrastructure and Product Management in ensuring that Omise services are always reliable and available to customers’ demand. You will also play an important role in crafting fit-for-purpose solutions suitable for each customer’s requirements.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with Product Management team in Japan to ensure product-market fit for its market
- Assist the IT Infrastructure team in managing technical tasks related to production deployed in Japan data center
- Be a technical person on the field and work with Consulting team to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions
- Conduct technical evaluation of sales opportunities, create and present technical presentation slides to customers
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers for upselling and cross-selling opportunities
- Take care of pre-sales activities by providing technical advice to the Sales team in any customer engagement activities
- Produce system design and analyses that help integrate Omise capabilities into customers’ existing or newly developed software systems
- Provide technical consulting services, including troubleshooting technical issues and user training
- Support client integration, testing and go-live processes with minimal impact to customers’ go-to-market plans
- Support service incident restoration and resolution
- Work with Customer Success Operations in addressing customers enquiries and service requests that need local technical expertise
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or IT
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience as an eCommerce Implementation Engineer or Product Support Engineer.
- Native Japanese speaker with efficient English communication skills
- Customer first mindset. Commercial experience is a plus.
- Team player who can work across boundaries.
- Having sound knowledge of web technology and related technology stacks
- Ability to articulate technical information into common language for non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and can develop knowledge and skills required for work through independent self-learning
- Willing to go above and beyond to help other team members deliver great service to Omise customers
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.