We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is looking for a Legal & Compliance Officer / Specialist to support us in coping with laws and regulations that are requirements for the payment business in the Southeast Asia region based in either Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring laws, regulations and compliance requirements and ensuring that Omise stays on top of all those aspects from strategic planning through to day-to-day operations. Areas of work comprises a wide range of laws and compliance including, inter alia, card schemes’ rules, local payment service regulations, personal data protection, anti-money laundering, cross-border transaction and other related fields.
We are open for candidates in 3 locations: Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia.
What you will be doing
- Advising on legal matters and handling related the agreements/documents with vendors, merchants and partners.
- Be the contact person in the company for any policy, law or regulation related request for information.
- Be our anti-money laundering compliance officer. This includes reviewing and possibly reporting suspicious transactions to the appropriate AML regulatory Authority.
- Continuously reviewing and updating policies to reflect compliance and business requirements.
- Identifying risks associated with laws and regulation, recommending risk mitigation strategies/solutions, ensuing legality of the products and managing proper disclosures.
- Maintaining a cordial and cooperative relationship with regulatory authorities.
- Monitoring changes to any laws and regulations that may affect us, report recommended actions and support and initiate projects to resolve any compliance gaps.
- Providing timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on financial services, payments laws, licensing requirements and AML/CFT.
- Researching legal issues and drafting memos as appropriate.
- Supporting the KYC team when evaluating high-risk merchants for compliance.
- Providing internal training related to law and compliance requirements.
- Providing legal and regulatory guidance on the products,
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of applicable compliance programs including internal compliances.
- Handling claims and litigations.
- Instructing and managing external advisors and counsels, as necessary.
- Ability to converse in English on a professional level (written & spoken) is a must
- Ability to explain and present legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, with the confidence to provide support to team leaders and management level through good interpersonal skills, good communication, cross-cultural skills.
- Passionate about delivering great results and able to work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Previous working experience in legal firm or financial compliance fields
- Prior experience and motivation to develop further understanding on the regulatory landscapes related to electronic payment, financial services and software development services.
- Well-organized and having attention to details
- Experience and knowledge in laws and regulations of Malaysia and Singapore is of high advantage
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply, answer a short questionnaire and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.