We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Business Intelligence team is seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business with a passion. In this role, you will provide a senior-level contribution to the continual improvement of the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s data platforms to support self-service data analytics.
What you will be doing
- Not only accomplishing immediate tasks and projects, but analyze and understand the big picture, how all the current sub-components of the technical architecture related BI infrastructure work together in Omise to plan for long-range projects
- Handle all aspects of moderately complex problems with the process, architecture, design, hands-on implementation, test, and maintenance, which covers full-stauck BI infrastructure and the related platforms
- Assess the risks, ask the right follow-up questions, determine the right workflow, analyze the possible bottlenecks and deliver a stable solution well-documented and tested
- Moreover, propose several different ways of implementing that with their pros and cons
- Lead projects and mentor and challenge junior data engineers with direct guidance and supervision, forecasting budgets and setting deadlines
- Especially take initiative on ongoing design, development, and maintenance of data warehousing systems and data marts, translating business requirements and logical data models into working databases, including relational and dimensional (star-schema) designs
- Design and develop scalable data applications, microservices, ETL, data processing pipelines; conducting test to ensure the quality of data produced, monitoring and tuning codes, data loads, and overall performance
- Use DevOps framework for data engineering; set up and maintain production/staging environments, automate deployment process, monitor the security & health of infrastructure, optimizing resources and costs
What you have
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering with an Agile mindset
- Effective communication and diplomatic skills to collaborate with coworkers
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have a solid knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies and modeling, especially Star Schema and Snowflake
- Strong hands-on experience in building data solutions (ETL batch and streaming pipelines, micro-services etc)
- Experience with one or more data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, or Spark (using Scala)
- Familiar with DevOps tools: experience with CI/CD, Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
- Working experience in the financial industry
- Hands- on experience with BI tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience in Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of Data Vault 2.0
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A MacBook to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.