We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
The Performance Engineer role is a unique blend of devops, full-stack software engineering and Database tuning. Every engineer has a large and tangible impact at Omise. We believe in a positive, collaborative environment, and giving our engineers hard problems to solve and the autonomy to solve them. If you like to move fast, appreciate responsibility and independence, and enjoy building new products this is the opportunity for you!
What you will be doing
- Improve our data architecture to emphasize speed and resilience, and decrease bottlenecks.
- Improve memory utilization on web requests and workers, such as Sidekiq.
- Provide leadership and direct other engineers in efforts to improve response time and adopt best practices.
- Propose and implement initiatives that improve the productivity of the engineering team.
- Contribute with technologies towards scalability and performance.
- Improve and build on metrics monitoring to detect performance issues.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
- Work very closely with Omise software engineers, devops and DBAs.
- Keep our Applications up to date and secure with important patches.
- Take initiative and rise to any challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or information system
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of back-end infrastructure (Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL)
- ability to jump into the code-base and confidently refactor code with test coverage.
- Extensive Ruby on Rails experience, and understands how to build Rails features that scale. (Both Rails 5 and 6)
- Previous success diagnosing and resolving performance issues in Rails, Sidekiq and PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of SQL explain and PostgreSQL stats
- Provided technical leadership and delivered results at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Led development of a critical company initiative or feature, and delivered on time, with quality.
- Ability to updated application dependencies
- Good English communication skill
- Metrics Platforms such as ScoutAPM, Datadog and Grafana.
- Improving Rails queries targeting PostgreSQL 11 and 12
- Experience with related web-based technologies, such as GoLang and Elixir
- Understand Proxies and Load Balancers, such AWS ELB, GCP LB, Haproxy, NGINX
- Cutting edge and experimental technologies such as CockroachDB and YugaByteDB
- Automate all the things
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete code challenge
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.