We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
The Performance Engineer role is a unique blend of devops, full-stack software engineering and Database tuning. Every engineer has a large and tangible impact at Omise. We believe in a positive, collaborative environment, and giving our engineers hard problems to solve and the autonomy to solve them. If you like to move fast, appreciate responsibility and independence, and enjoy building new products this is the opportunity for you!
What you will be doing
- Improve our data architecture to emphasize speed and resilience, and decrease bottlenecks.
- Keep our applications up-to-date and secure with important patches.
- Identify, troubleshoot, improve and manage performance-intensive aspects of the system.
- Define and help implement best practices for creating efficient and performant code.
- Improve and build on metrics monitoring to detect performance issues.
- Partner with the Engineering, DevOps and DBAs teams to maintain effective performance reporting and monitoring through instrumentation and testing.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails, ActiveRecord, Sidekiq and PostgreSQL.
- Experience on performance tuning of production systems via APMs.
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Ability to jump into the code-base and confidently refactor code with test coverage.
- Previous success diagnosing and resolving performance issues in Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq and PostgreSQL.
- Have led development of a critical company initiative or feature, and delivered on time, with quality.
- Methodical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Work effectively with minimal to no supervision.
- Communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform in Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider in Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete code challenge
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.