At OmiseGO, we believe that having access to financial services can change lives.
Our mission is to enable people to access financial services that are fast, fair and secure, anytime, anywhere.
We are building an inclusive financial technology platform that enables real-time exchange and payment services. Our global teams are solving problems to address barriers to financial inclusion and building a community around the OMG network. Together, we can empower businesses to better reach and serve their customers. Join us!
Why we need you
We’re looking for a Public Relations and Events Specialist to join our team. At OmiseGO, you will play a critical role in helping us differentiate our brand, products and services from our competitors and successfully win customers. You understand how to build and execute a creative public relations and events plan and are able to translate what may be technical information into compelling, consumable information for a wide range of audiences.
What you will be doing
- Manage industry and media contacts; keep current on industry trends, issues and news; identify and communicate opportunities and/or threats surrounding OmiseGO’s brand, define effective responses to capitalize on each and seek high level placement in print, broadcast, online media and events.
- Support with writing all press releases and contribute to talking points, management communications, videos and promotional materials via internal and external channels as well as media outlets.
- Manage all aspects of OmiseGO brand sponsorships and events including interviews, meetings, conferences, photo shoots, press conferences and videos; from screening, pre‐planning, communication, staffing, day‐of execution, and post‐event recap; recommend and execute branding, messaging, and marketing asset use for each.
- Responsible for sending out images, headshots and biographies for press requests and other third-party requests per Communications Manager confirmation.
- Responsible for monitoring and archiving of press clippings, photographs, videos and press releases of OmiseGO.
- Manage the organization, dissemination and inventory of OmiseGO merchandise and promotional materials for all events.
- Collaborate with the team on PR crisis management, corporate communications, influencer outreach and PR and events performance reporting to ensure alignment with brand voice, consistency, timely engagement, and to identify actionable insights that drive business results and growth opportunities.
What you have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; working proficiency of Thai or second language an advantage
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate them in an easy-to-understand manner to target audiences
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experienced with managing the media and organizing events
- Experience working in the tech industry with knowledge of blockchain technology a plus
- 5 years of similar or related experience
- Degree in public relations, marketing and/or journalism
Life at OmiseGO
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At OmiseGO, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal to “Unbank the Banked”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at OmiseGO.
What we offer
- Above-market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A healthcare plan
- 3 days per week of remote work
- A MacBook Pro to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
OmiseGO embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.