We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is one of the largest digital payment services providers in Thailand. We also operate in multiple countries across Southeast-Asia. Our system dashboards are critical to ensuring the effectiveness of Omise platforms and payment channels supporting our merchants and partners across the region. Working with our international engineering team in our Bangkok office, we’re looking for software engineers who will further enhance our internal dashboard features that underpin the Omise mission.
What you will be doing
- Actively contribute to all phases of the Ruby development lifecycle, collaborating with our team of international engineers to create robust, scalable and secure mission-vital dashboard features.
- Investigate, analyze, and improve existing dashboard features, including seamless merchant on-boarding, report & receipt generating, fraud and risk detection, and a wide range of automated processes.
- Conceptualise and create new dashboard features.
- Translate technical requirements involving complex data and processes - making our dashboards simple to use for our internal users.
- Monitor and calibrate dashboard performance.
- Code, debug and configure across multiple languages and platforms.
- Ensure code quality and readability when designing Application patterns.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails best practice.
- Able to self-manage, quality oriented, adaptable, well-organized, able to understand business requirements, strong interpersonal skills to work across functions.
- Interested and open to learning new skills and technologies.
- Comfortable working with English speaking colleagues (verbal and written).
Good to Have
- Experience with Go & Elixir.
- Experience with Database query optimisation.
- Knowledge of UX/UI. Experience of translating complex features and functions into user-friendly designs.
- Experience in Service Design and modeling.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete one of the following code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.