We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is one of the largest digital payment services provider in Thailand. We also operate in multiple countries across Southeast-Asia. Financial systems are generally complex and sensitive to changes. Additionally, in SEA, not everyone can apply for Credit Cards. Payment methods preference vary significantly from country to country. This is why we strive to provide access to as many payment channels as possible so that our merchants can conduct business without having to worry about accepting payments from their customers. Now we are looking for software engineers in dashboard team who will develop internal products that are a delight for other staff to use.
What you will be doing
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle with Ruby Production for robust, scalable and secure features for back-office functionality in Dashboard, focusing business support and resources effectiveness, such as time and manpower.
- Investigate and analyze existing procedures and business requirements and create applications for both internal and external parties with various functions, such as smooth and easy merchant on-boarding process, report & receipt generating, Fraud and risk detection, or other automated processes to reduce cost, time, and defects, in order to escalate the quality of products and services
- Translate complex data and processes of technical requirements and explain to internal users
- Monitor and improve the dashboard performance and database query.
- Code, debug, and configure across multiple languages and platforms, including Ruby, Go and Elixir.
- Ensure quality and readability of codes when designing the application patterns.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Ruby Production Application, both frontend and backend technology.
- Experience of the best practice in Rails application, such as Zero Downtime
- Self-managed, Quality oriented, Easily adaptable, Well-organized, Able to understand business requirements
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions.
- Communicate well, verbally, and in written words, in English.
- Experience in service design, organizing, and modeling
- Testing Rails application
- Security in Rails application, including security issue prevention in the application.
- Experience in Database query or have improved the database query time.
- Knowledge of UX/UI. Experience in translating complicated functions into scalable design
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete one of the following code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.