We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
A RDS DBA must be able to maintain optimal application performance to keep business operations running smoothly. A major role of this position involves the usage of tools to monitor, log and react to performance changes on a daily basis. This oftens covers a broad range of skills including the programming and configuration of performance monitoring systems. Omise places great importance on the performance of our RDS systems and across the Infrastructure team. A few of the duties of this position include:
- Improving Database Performance: Having an experienced DBA managing a database will increase overall performance, keeping users and managers happy, and saving costs.
- Improving Application performance: Closely working with our developers to remove slow queries and bottlenecks, and to effectively scale our applications with PostgreSQL built in features such as Partitioning and Sharding.
- Disaster Prevention and Recovery: An experienced DBA will be invaluable in preventing system failures, or solving disaster situations. A great uptime is indeed very important!
- Innovator: We are looking for someone who will look at customer usage and needs and innovate to deliver a smoother, better performing infrastructure.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for managing, upgrading, monitoring and tuning PostgreSQL databases.
- Work closely with developers to improve performance of our applications in relation to database queries and schemas.
- Manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance of our databases and improve SQL queries on the application side.
- Responsible for capacity planning and long term strategies.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth and cost optimizations.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
What you have
- Comprehensive knowledge with PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge with Application database adapters, especially ActiveRecord.
- Ability to debug queries in SQL with "explain analyze".
- In depth PostgreSQL concepts of vacuum, async replication, native partitioning.
- Amazon Web Services, specifically RDS.
- Good knowledge on PostgreSQL architecture with experience in setting the server parameters for optimal performance.
- Ability to work as a team and closely with developers and devops supporting Omise applications.
- Strong in communication, teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills.
- 3+ years Experience with Linux and RDS
Good to Have
- Ruby on Rails 5.x and 6.x
- Strong ActiveRecord knowledge
- Native Partitioning in PostgreSQL 11
- Geo-Distributed Databases
- NoSQL knowledge
- Postgresql Aurora (RDS) cluster and replica set
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Can communicate well
- Work in a fast and agile team
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people.
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan and Singapore.
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more.
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017.
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application.
- You will be invited to complete an interview.
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.