We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is in a rapid expansion in Asia and SEA, where each market demonstrates different challenges and opportunities. Currently, we are looking for the people with capabilities and ambitions to conquer the market of Malaysia.
To be successful in this position, you will have to handle a fast-moving environment and be able to cultivate new business development with effective structures and methodologies. You should have a proven record of successful business scaling. The extensive experience of product localization and marketization is a must.
What you will be doing
- Work with the executive team to analyze and set up manpower needs, and grow local team to support the business.
- Analyze the local market environment and situation. Work with marketing team to provide strategic plans to establish the Omise brand by an effective community exposure
- Work across teams to plan and execute business development roadmap to receive trust and brand recognition.
- Provide and execute market and partnership strategies to comprehensively drive market growth
- Handle and manage the day-to-day operations since establishment.
- Provide the essential product localization by working with the product team to initiate the best practices of local users and the market.
- Can communicate with Malay (Bahasa Melayu) or Mandarin in a native level and English in a professional level
- Possess a strong, proven experience in building and scaling business and teams, preferably in technology landscape
- Possess a strong background in a local technology industry. Experience in Fintech is a big plus.
- High ambition in building strong teams and penetrating the new markets and communities
- High level of business development skills, including pitching, consulting, interpersonal, presentation, persuasion, negotiation, customer service, and communication across different groups of people.
- High level of management and critical thinking skills, including team management, task management, prioritizing, problem solving, data analysis, and etc.
- Able to clarify the whole picture of an organization while enjoying details, to build brand localization structure and strategy
- Possess eagerness to learn, take ownership, and achieve the goal, while being flexible to see improvement areas
- Experience in global scale business with diversity, start-up environment, and multicultural organization
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- Once submitting application, you will be invited to complete an online questionnaire
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.