Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We’re in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
The Business Development Executive is responsible for revenue growth, merchant account management, and support the team by coordinating with new and current merchants in the pipeline in regards to the services offered by Omise Payments. You will be introduced to account management, as well as a continuous improvement of the service, using Omise dashboard, This position will focus on the demands of the organic and small-medium business size channel.
What you will be doing
- Support sales strategy for merchants’ availability and supply within Thailand by revenue growth and expansion of the client portfolio.
- Grow Revenues/GP through small and medium segments
- Be a liaison for merchants to ensure that problems and questions regarding business and related commercials are timely resolved and responded to.
- Promote the Omise brand name and its online organic register, also by visiting merchants located in specific geographic areas of the country.
- Investigate cancellations, including their root causes and preventive solutions
- Ensure that the client’s current and future solution needs are met
- Coordinate with all departments such as Marketing, Solution Consultant, Products development, KYC, Support, Designers and finance team to execute the service against aggressive timeline.
- Track outstanding contracts and documents for KYC
- Manage, cultivate, maintain, and retain established customer relationships as well as newly-developed accounts
- Educate merchants and provide advice on supply contracts and related onboard documents by calls, emails, or other required channels.
- Participate in Events or exhibitions with the marketing team to promote Omise Payment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Marketing, or related fields.
- 1- 4 years experience in solution sales, preferably IT, online payment, or technology related businesses.
- Sales, presentation, negotiation skills, and commercial awareness
- Well coordinate and organize with internal parties and external merchants
- Good experience in customer relationship management and ability to adopt product knowledge, especially with some technical knowledge.
- High ability to develop selling, closing, and advisory skills
- Service mind and handling objections with strong interpersonal skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Proficient level of English language
- Native level of Thai language, both spoken and written
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 150 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.