We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to setup and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is hiring a full time Technical Support Specialist (Japanese Speaking) to proactively solve customer (merchant) issues and assist them to successfully adopt Omise payment capabilities into their business operations. This role is based in Thailand, mainly to serve Thai merchants.
What you will do
- Lead the Problem Management process by employing multidisciplinary problem solving and root cause analysis methods to resolve underlying problems that impact service delivery and Omise customer experience
- Produce preventive actions and/or suggest permanent solutions to avoid recurrence of service incidents and/or customer inquiries
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical issues reported by customers or their developers prior to escalation to Product Development team
- Participate in Early Access Program, Operations Acceptance Test (OAT), User Acceptance Test (UAT) and other Release process components to proactively represent Omise customers and share customer voices
- Identify improvement opportunities in product platform, internal work process and service operations activities that enhance Omise customer experience
- Develop demo applications and operational tools on top of Omise Payment API for operational automation and solution sales
- Lead the collaboration among internal teams in carrying out service improvement related projects.
- Customer first mindset
- Able to communicate Japanese is a professional level(minimum N2 or above), both speaking and writing, and English in a good level. Thai is a plus
- Team player who can work across boundaries
- Sound knowledge of web service and web technology
- Efficient with data manipulation through spreadsheet software
- Ability to articulate technical information into common language for non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and can develop required knowledge and skills through independent self-learning
- Willingness to go above and beyond to help other team members deliver great service to Omise customers
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply, answer a short questionnaire and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be sent an online assignment
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.