We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Consulting and Technical Services team. At Omise, you will play a critical role in helping us differentiate our products and services from our competitors and successfully win customers. The ideal candidate is ready to take initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and eager to work as a part of the marketing team and cross-functionally across the organization. You will be responsible for the front and back end web development. Your main focus will be to develop and improve the website.
What you will be doing
- Design, implement and improve front-end applications
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and optimize the website.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving website performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies
- Clearly document everything you build
What you have
- 1-3 years of Full stack web development experience (Fresh graduates are also welcome)
- Experienced in a backend web framework, Node.js or Ruby on Rails preferred
- Experienced in React
- Experienced in developing HTML/CSS
- Familiar with front-end tools, ex. Webpack npm, Yarn, etc.
- Can write clear code that any developers can read and understand in one go
- Can write gimmick-free and straightforward code with no ambiguities
- Can cover edge cases and treat user inputs with care
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Self-starter and ability to build from scratch and get things done
- Process-driven, articulate and meticulous with your work
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to communicate with confidence in Thai and English
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform in Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider in Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete the code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.