Operating across Southeast-Asia and Japan, Omise is one of the largest digital payment services providers in Thailand. Our payment solution is simple to set-up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We connect and maintain relationships with processors and acquirers, letting our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise Payment is hiring a Partner Engineer to join our international Engineering Team in our spacious & friendly offices in Bangkok. You’ll work within our Payments Channels Team, creating solutions for payment APIs and channel integrations.
We’re continuously expanding our payment solutions to support new payment channels. As a Partner Engineer, you’ll support the Engineering Team to coordinate between internal Omise teams, and external payment and development partners, to create reliable, scalable and well-designed payment integration solutions. In short, you’ll be both coding and engaging with multiple business partners.
If you have a strong passion for both engineering and fintech, the Partner Engineer position offers a unique role that will utilize both your entrepreneurial spirit and engineering skill.
What you will be doing
- Work with our strategic partners to integrate the Omise platform with multiple payment channels.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Omise Payments’ platforms and technology. And of Payment channels.
- Understand how data and money flow within the payments ecosystem, and their related processes.
- Design and implement integration channels between Omise and external systems.
- Investigate, analyze and improve existing payment channels.
- Take ownership of internal and external project partners and 3rd parties, fostering positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Work with Omise’s internal Engineering team to improve the current system architecture, supporting payment channels with various API integration interfaces.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development.
- Possess empathetic and solution focused communication skills, tuned for both internal teams and international partners.
- Able to self-manage, quality oriented, adaptable, well-organized, able to understand business requirements, strong interpersonal skills to work across functions and our multi-nationality Bangkok Engineering teams.
- Solid grounding in Agile but able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and fast paced coding-pair based development process.
- Good attention to detail, ability to “connect the dots” and can demonstrate good analytical skills.
- Sharp, tenacious and collaborative troubleshooting skills.
- Can write concise and clear documentation.
- Interested and open to learning new skills and technologies.
- Comfortable working with English speaking colleagues (verbal and written).
- For non-Thai national applicants, we require a minimum bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science. And 2 years work experience.
Good to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Go.
- Experience gained within fintech or a finance related business.
- Experience with well-known finance communication protocols, such as ISO 8583.
Our development involves several technologies, including Ruby on Rails, Go and Elixir. We do not specifically require a strong background in these languages. But we would like to assess your aptitude towards learning new technologies during the selection process. So first-time coders in these languages are welcome to apply for this role.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete the following code challenge
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.