We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Nearly every business today makes use of a relational database. Relational Databases (RDS) play a major role in many companies and it is one of the largest usages on AWS. Using a DBA, even in the short-term, can bring measurable, noticeable benefits to your database operations,cost reduction and a good image to the public. We want a full time, dedicated and committed individual to join our business critical team: The Infrastructure team.
- Best Practices: An experienced DBA will know the right settings and configurations that a database will need, keeping it reliable and optimal.
- Improving Database Performance: Having an experienced DBA managing a database will increase overall performance, keeping users and managers happy, and saving costs.
- Disaster Prevention and Recovery: An experienced DBA will be invaluable in preventing system failures, or solving disaster situations without the need for panicked calls to external consultants. A great uptime is indeed very important
What you will be doing
- Be available to provide direction, advice and make critical decisions for less senior database administrators.
- Lead the DBA team in responding to database related alerts & escalation, as well as working with other teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability PostgreSQL databases.
- Manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance
- Responsible for capacity planning and long term strategies.
- Consult and collaborate with data, development, and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements, such as CockroachDB and YugaByteDB and MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Ability to review schemas, implement partitioning tables and sharding ,and other changes to improve scalability and performance.
- Review proposed software design solutions, providing advice on data models required to support solutions
- To be aware of and uphold the security responsibilities as stated in the company’s Information Security Policy
- Ability to manage kubernetes terraform and ansible
- A minimum of 7 years working experience in Information Technology and Database Administration (PL/SQL).
- Experience in PostgreSQL (EnterpriseDB) database administration 10,11,12 and 13.
- Good communication, writing and organising skills.
- Able to effectively lead a team.
- Plan and implement automation of Database Refresh and scaling
- Knowledge of underlying database architecture - schemas/products, database objects, file system structure, tables, views, procedures, functions, triggers, sequences, indexes, and constraints.
- Extensive hands-on experience including patching, cloning, upgrades, migrations, troubleshooting, applications security & performance tuning
- In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL concepts including vacuum, logical & physical replication, native partitioning and sharding
- The capability to design, build and deploy database and application server technology to support software solutions in line with current and future strategy.
- Work closely with developers and devops supporting Omise codebase to improve SQL queries, joins and database structure
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex issues in a timely manner
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Experience of working with high availability, scalability environments
- Strong experience in OS system engineering and administration, Linux, Unix, and Windows
- Strong experience in system scripting, such as PERL, PYTHON, Shell, etc
- Experience in Kubernetes Terraform and Ansible a plus
- Autonomous, and with the ability to work independently
- Open-minded and eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and working with a fast and agile team
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm, efficient and prompt manner
Nice to Have
- AWS RDS
- PGBouncer and connection pools in general
- Master-Master Replication
- Native Partitioning in PostgreSQL 10,11, 12
- Ruby on Rails and ActiveRecord
- Distributed Databases for High Availability and scalability
- Geo-Distributed Databases
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.