Operating across Southeast-Asia, Omise is one of the largest digital payment services providers in Thailand. Our payment solution is simple to set-up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We connect and maintain relationships with processors and acquirers, letting our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We’re looking for Ruby Software Engineers to join our international Engineering team in our spacious and friendly Bangkok offices. You’ll have the opportunity to work within different Engineering teams using cutting-edge technologies to deliver a range of projects. You’ll design and build really cool tech, including creating solutions for payment channel integrations, payment APIs, mission-critical dashboard features, automation and application stability.
What you will be doing
During your career with Omise, you’ll be encouraged and supported to work within our various Engineering teams. Development activities will include those listed below.
- Actively contribute to all phases of the Ruby development lifecycle.
- Investigate, analyze and improve existing application features. And create new features.
- Design and implement API endpoints (both public and internal).
- Refactor and continuously improve Omise APIs to make them safer and easier to use.
- Code, debug and configure across multiple languages and platforms, with a strong emphasis on Ruby.
- Implement new payment channels.
- Refactor and architect critical financial pipelines.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails best practice.
- Are able to self-manage, quality oriented, adaptable, well-organized, able to understand business requirements, strong interpersonal skills to work across functions and our multi-nationality Bangkok Engineering teams.
- Are interested and open to learning new skills and technologies.
- Can write concise and clear documentation.
- Are comfortable working with English speaking colleagues (verbal and written).
- For non-Thai national applicants, we require a minimum bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science. And 2 years work experience.
Good to Have
- Experience with Go, Elixir & Python.
- Experience with Database query optimisation.
- Knowledge of UX/UI. Experience of translating complex features and functions into user-friendly designs.
- Experience of Service Design and modeling.
- Know when and where to be careful with regards to code and security.
- Experience of scripting and automation.
- For non-Thai applicants, we require a Minimum bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science. And 2 years work experience.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform in Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider in Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete a short online assessment / You will be invited to complete code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.