We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to manage Omise’s Enterprise Solutions team in Japan. The Enterprise Solutions team will be building and implementing technical solutions for corporate clients which will be used by many people around the world. You will be the bridge between the technical team and business teams to help grow this critical piece of the business and manage the people within the Enterprise Solutions team in Japan. These enterprise services and solutions will vary from project to project but will primarily revolve around eWallets, payment solutions (including blockchain), and other mobile applications.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in managing multiple software projects simultaneously, participate in business analysis, managing people across different skillsets, and have excellent communication and documentation skills. Ideal candidates will have successfully delivered complex projects for large corporations.
This position will be located in Omise’s Tokyo office. Candidates must be able to speak and write Japanese and English at a professional level.
What you will be doing
- Lead project planning and execution from start to finish, with attention to every detail.
- Manage a team across various disciplines
- Create and manage long term goals of the Enterprise Solutions team in Japan - you are essentially the business owner in Japan
- Drive cross-functional processes and manage expectations from business, engineering, and strategy
- Coordinate with other departments such as Operations, Customer Support, Finance, Management, and more
- Utilize market research and market data practices to bring product concepts from inception to launch, managing timelines, budgets, and product marketing
- Coordinate and cultivate effective communication across department boundaries to ensure understanding of all team members.
- Report on product development activities on a regular basis to the Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of relevant KPIs and timelines
- Manage and monitor contract service providers and vendors.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- Maintain thorough documentation of product management, such as timelines, diagrams, and more
- This role will be based in Tokyo and will require frequent travel between Tokyo and Bangkok
- Must be bilingual in Japanese (native level) and English and able to speak and write professionally in both
- Bachelor degree in related fields or technical fields (such as Software Engineering, IT, Information System, or Computer Science) from a reputable university preferred
- Experience in project management at a high growth startup, and/or fintech company. Experience in delivering products for large corporate clients highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience in Project/Program Management
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to clearly document technical specs and requirements of projects
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills, decision-making ability, time management ability, multitasking skills, and able to work well under pressure, tight deadline, or fast-paced business environment
- Understand strategic fit of different products and corporate clients
- Ability to write documentation, diagrams and project proposals in detailed manner
- Able to make appropriate decisions based on business goals and priorities
- Possess proven record of prioritizing, organizing, and planning work activities; meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects
- Ideally have PMP certificate
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform in Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider in Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.