We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise is in a rapid expansion in Asia and SEA, where each market demonstrates different challenges and opportunities. And we are looking for the people with capabilities and ambitions to conquer the market of Malaysia.
We are looking for an ambitious Solution Consultant to support the needs of our partners and prospective merchants. You will be a member of Omise Malaysia pioneer team, while working with regional teams to provide product and technical solutions to the market. The role is based in Malaysia, but frequently collaborates with teams in Singapore and Thailand.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Sales team to identify new business opportunities and develop business development processes; provide pre-sales support through product demonstrations, on client sites.
- Support sales team in development of business relationship and partnership with all local stakeholders, including payment ecosystem.
- Master Omise products and creatively initiate payment solutions to solve merchant problems and ultimately to provide the best experience for their users
- Provide consultation and advice to partners and merchants on how to optimize payments using Omise’s platform in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Work with the Product team to localise the product/solution for the market
- Evaluate clients’ business needs and expected issues to address possible problems and solutions to ensure seamless payment processing, which possibly include technical support and troubleshooting where needed.
- Work closely with team to foster teamwork and operation best practice for Malaysia market
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization
- 5+ years of experience in business analyst, solutions consultant, technical consultant or similar roles from related business. Knowledge in Payment business is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, ICT or similar fields
- Experience in technology companies on channel partnership efforts or product solutions
- Proven successful track record of identifying opportunities for partners to utilize company products and services
- A fast learner is self-driven, result-oriented, ready for new challenges, and possess strong commercial sense
- Be a great team member, while still enjoying working independently
- Professional verbal and written communication skills – including sales and consulting skills, such as presentations and negotiations.
- Able to proficiently communicate in English, both spoken and written. Chinese Mandarin or Malay is also essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of payments industry
- Programming experience is a plus. Knowledge of development tools and programming languages such as API, HTML, CSS, Ruby, PHP etc.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, SBI international, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- Candidate answers questionnaire when applying for the position
- Online Assignment
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.