We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
As a Solution Developer, you will be a key member of the Omise Consulting & Solutions team who helps Omise propel business growth through your creativity, problem-solving and programming skills. You are going to work closely with Program Manager, Solution Consultants and Technical Specialists in crafting a fit-for-purpose solution for corporate enterprises as well as small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to ensure that payment acceptance capabilities from Omise become an integral part of their business processes.
What you will be doing
- Develop and deliver payment processing application and/or customized software solution for a unique payment process design at each client site.
- Work with Solution Consultants and Program Manager through requirement analysis, delivery estimation, actual implementation, release, deployment and maintenance fixes of any given client site program.
- Adopt different software development methodologies and design processes, including but not limited to, Agile, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Proof of Concept (PoC) or Rapid Prototyping to optimize work from scratch to complete deliverables.
- Enhance, modify or update existing solutions and e-commerce platform plug-ins to create a new solution that is best fit to unique sets of client requirements.
- Utilize Omise core payment technologies to develop common frameworks that facilitate faster adoption or integration of Omise Payment technologies.
- Provide last-mile support during the deployment and post-deployment of the software or system solution.
- Produce technical documents of the developed solution for maintenance and transition purposes.
- Are familiar with mainstream web application frameworks, both server-side and client-side, e.g. Laravel, Rails, Spring, AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience as an eCommerce solution development and programming.
- Have sound knowledge of web service, web application development and essential Internet security.
- Are technologically motivated and can obtain knowledge and skills through independent self-learning.
- Are willing to go above and beyond to help other team members deliver great service to Omise clients.
- Have a team-centric mindset, can work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Are fluent in Thai and efficient in English.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete one of the following code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.