We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to set up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong understanding of the DevOps workflow and deployment cycles with a focus on proper security practices and industry standards for payment providers.
We accept fully remote candidates. Asia Pacific, European, and African time zones are preferred.
What you will be doing
- The main role is to implement, scale, and maintain infrastructure on AWS and Kubernetes clusters.
- Collaborate with developers and help deploy various applications in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- Help architect and scale Omise infrastructure with high availability.
- Log monitoring, alerting and make sure to have a 99.999% uptime.
- Ability to respond to emergencies off-work hours.
What you have
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes internals.
- Amazon Web Services: Kubernetes, EKS, Networking, Security, RDS.
- Networking experience with routing, load balancing, TLS and AWS VPC.
- Infrastructure as a code with Terraform.
- CI/CD with Buildkite and Docker.
- Strong level English language skill (verbal and written)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a devops position
- For non-Thai or work visa applicants, a bachelor's degree is required (not required for fully remote applicants)
The candidates will be asked to submit a recent Criminal Background check in the final stage.
- Kubernetes Ingress: Ambassador and Istio
- Kubernetes automation with Flux and Helm
- ElasticSearch clusters and high availability
- Datadog logging, monitoring and alerting
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Pgbouncer
- A good Security understanding and background
- Ability to improve and reduce costs of an infrastructure
- Experience with PCI-DSS compliance
- Knowledge of payment systems and 3DS
- AWS certifications are a plus
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Can communicate well and work as a team
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at Omise.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application.
- You will be invited to complete an interview that can take up to 1 hour or more.
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.